Membership of the Wellington Film Society enables you to see a range of world cinema you won’t see on the big screen anywhere else. Membership gives you free entry to all our screenings.
Our full year membership runs for twelve months from joining. All full year members also qualify for generous discounts at the New Zealand International Film Festival in July/August, as well as discounts at Wellington cinemas and Aro Video.
Benefits for full year members
- $3.00 off each full priced ticket at the New Zealand International Film Festival
- Discounts at most other Film Festivals
- Present your card at any Wellington cinemas, The Penthouse (Monday to Thursday) The Roxy in Miramar, and Lighthouse Cinemas and qualify for the student rate discount.
- Also present your card at Aro Video for discounts off 10-Trip Cards and Seasonal Subscriptions.
- Free admission at any other New Zealand film society screening
- Regular mailouts of our magazine Cinephile
- A monthly e-newsletter
- Bring-a-buddy: Introduce a friend to the Film Society. Free admission to a friend – once a year per membership card.
- Existing members introducing a new full member to join the Film Society will receive a $10 discount coupon redeemable when renewing their own subscription.
Screenings for this year are at 6:15pm on Mondays and are now at Soundings Theatre, Te Papa. There will also be some Tuesday screenings this October. The schedule is on the Wellington Film Society website here.
That’s 33 screenings for less than $3 a movie – just $95 yearly, with discount and Youth membership even less. And you can try a Three-Film Sampler and upgrade to a full membership later.